Solution Sales Specialist – VMware (Technical Pre-Sales) in Stuttgart
Please apply here on „ITbawü.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
SoftwareONE is one of the fastest growing companies in the IT sector, with over 40% growth per year over the last 5 years – join us and be part of our growth story!
Privately owned since 1985, SoftwareONE is redefining the technology solutions landscape as the thought leaders in Software Portfolio Management (SPM) services. Globally headquartered in Stans, Switzerland, with a local footprint in 82 countries, our 3’000 employees help our customers optimize their software spending through our elite sales designations and deep-rooted relationships with top publishers.
Solution Sales Specialist – VWware (Technical Pre-Sales
The Software Solution Specialist – is responsible for driving and co-owning Future Workplace solution sales, business development, and marketing activities within his/her assigned region. The role functions as a partnership with the primary account manager and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions, the Sol Spec is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to developing the technical solutions business in the region. The Sol Spec is the technical lead in the region for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and sales enablement for the respective region. The role also serves as the liaison between the assigned sales team and customers and professional services delivery resources, which include both, in-house and partner delivered services. The Sol Spec will scope professional services opportunities and assist in the creation and delivery of Statements of Work (SoW) to customers. The Sol Spec will be required to maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge across a broad set of foundational technologies as well as at least one specific technology set to serve as the subject matter expert for that specific subject on a national and/or global scale.
The role will require cross solution level technical understanding and expertise across multiple platforms, hybrid cloud and public cloud (IaaS, PaaS). While there will be no limitations on the publishers and vendors that can be included in these practice solutions, foundational partners such as, but not limited to, Microsoft and VMware, will serve as foundational technologies within the stack. The practice will also include “emerging technology” solutions from newer publishers and vendors that are finding traction in the broader marketplace and/or serve a specific niche solution.
Sales & Services
- Partners and co-owns sales activities at a customer level with the field-based account manager (Business Development Manager [BDM]).
- Performance and success measured by GP performance of region and individual accounts. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- Analyse & gather business requirement from large & complex client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive net new business opportunities within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Support in the preparation of cost estimates for licensing and product sales as well as professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, etc.) by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with other engineers, architects, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design (e.g.-Whiteboarding), statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to Account Business Plan development
General Business Development, Marketing, & Partnerships
- Assist and own partnership/alliance functions to assigned partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison to local partners (VARs, publishers, distribution, etc.) to ensure available resources are being utilized where appropriate.
- Traveling requires more than 50%.
Maintain and report on regional service delivery, sales pipeline, and project status.
- Maintain and acquire advanced level technical certification in assigned area and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Traveling requires more than 50%.
Kenntnisse und Fähigkeiten
- University degree preferred (in the field of Information Technology and/or or equivalent combination of experience and education).
- Fluent in German (C1), good in English (B2)
- 5+ years or equivalent experience selling products and services in the end user computing space.
- Ability to sell, scope, price with limited support.
- Advanced-level Partner Sales and Technical Certifications required.
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel in regard to positioning sales and solutions.
Have we piqued your interest? If yes, we are looking forward to receiving your compelling application documents, including information on your availability (starting date) and salary expectations. You may apply on our website via our online form under thejob ID 2019-4562 or at the email address below.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Talent Acquisition Partner - DACH
0341 - 2568 2596
Brief profile of SoftwareONE Deutschland GmbH
SoftwareONE hilft Kunden beim effizienten Management des Software Portfolios. Zielsetzung hierbei ist die Komplexität, Kosten und Risiken zu minimieren bei gleichzeitiger Erhöhung der Flexibilität. Hierdurch wird sichergestellt, dass die IT Landschaft sich kontinuierlich an die sich ändernden Geschäftsanforderungen anpassen kann. Die proprietäre Software Portfolio Management (SPM) Methodologie deckt alle Aspekte des Software Lifecycles beim Kunden ab.
Global ausgerichtet mit Hauptsitz in der Schweiz (Stans) und einer lokalen Präsenz in 145 Ländern, helfen unsere 3000+ Technologie-Berater unseren Kunden täglich bei der Optimierung ihres Software Portfolios. Unsere Berater verfügen über ein umfangreiches technisches und kaufmännisches Know-how und haben ein breites Wissen über (und Beziehungen zu) allen wichtigen Software-Häusern wie Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, VMware, Oracle , Citrix, Symantec, McAfee, und viele mehr.
Wir bei SoftwareONE sind stolz auf unser kollegiales Arbeitsklima. Bei uns arbeiten Sie in einem innovativen Arbeitsumfeld, in dem Sie individuell über eine systematische Personalentwicklung gefördert werden und Ihre Potenziale optimal ausschöpfen können. Wir sind ständig auf der Suche nach Projektleitern, Support Engineers, Consultants und Softwaretestern für unsere Projekte im Umfeld von Microsoft, VMware und Skype zudem suchen wir Account Manager und Vertriebler.
Spheres of competence
Please refer to ITbawü.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of SoftwareONE Deutschland GmbH
Publication date: 12-07-2019